Lets Rent Property Management offer three levels of service as follows:
TENANT FIND - A one off fee of £450 plus VAT (£540.00) payable at the start of the
RENT SUPERVISION - 8% plus VAT, deducted monthly from the rent
FULL MANAGEMENT - 10% plus VAT, deducted monthly from the rent
The services covered are as follows:
1. TENANT FIND
- Comprehensive advice on how to get your property ready for renting
- Marketing widely including regular advertising in local papers and the internet as well as contacting local businesses, organisations and relocation companies.
- Unless otherwise instructed, we will erect a ĎTo Letí board outside your property
- Accompanied viewings at all times, 7 days per week, where required
- Introduction of a tenant
- Negotiating the terms of the tenancy
- Interview and vet potential tenants, obtaining references and credit checks
- Collection and retention of Tenantís deposit as stakeholder (equivalent to six weeks rent)
- Advise all utility companies of new tenants, except phone
- Collect the first months rent
- Supervision of the signing and stamping of the Tenancy Agreement
- Serving notices
- We can provide information and put you in contact with Letsure who can advise you on specialist insurance policies covering Buildings, Contents, Rent and Legal protection, tailored to the Lettings industry.
- Completion of a standing order for the tenant to pay you directly
- Organising the preparation of an inventory, if required (additional charges apply)
2. RENT SUPERVISION
- We will make arrangements for the tenant to pay the rent to LETS RENT PROPERTY
MANAGEMENT and the commission will be deducted each month and then remitted to
your bank account as quickly as possible. (10 working days should be allowed from the rent
due date). You will be provided with a statement each month clearly showing all credits and
debits on your account.
- In the unlikely event the tenant does not pay the rent then we will notify you immediately.
We will then seek swiftly to establish the reason for non-payment. A polite telephone
enquiry to ascertain if there is a problem followed by a personal visit will rapidly establish the
seriousness of the problem. If it becomes necessary for a solicitor to be instructed the
landlord is responsible for all fees involved. Insurance can be obtained to cover this
3. FULL MANAGEMENT
- Maintaining the property in accordance with the landlords instructions
- Dealing with all tenants queries and problems
- Arranging repairs and maintenance, where necessary
- Carrying out regular property visits and producing reports to the landlord
- Negotiating between landlord and tenant
- Paying outgoings on behalf of the landlord
- Forwarding essential mail to Landlord, where necessary
- Arranging the check in and check out of the tenant (these are additional fees).
- Advising and arranging remedies for any damages
4. PREPARATION OF INVENTORIES
The Inventory, coupled with the schedule of condition, is a thorough investigation and report on the state of decoration, condition and contents of each room of your property. We do recommend that all Landlords have an up to date inventory for their property. Inventories, check-ins and check-outs, can be arranged through an independent inventory clerk, the charge for which will be taken from the first months rent. Lets Rent cannot accept any responsibility for any loss or damage suffered as a result in omissions or errors. A scale of charges is available dependent on size of property and whether it is Furnished or Unfurnished. (Lets Rent work on the basis that the Inventory and check-out is paid by the Landlord and the check-in by the ingoing tenant)
5. VOID PERIODS
If the void period is whilst we are trying to remarket your property then we will make periodic visits to your property as part of our ongoing service to you. If the property is empty for any other reason for example marketing for sale or awaiting your return from overseas and you wish us to make periodic visits, these will be charged at £20 plus VAT (£24.00) per visit. Lets Rent will however not be liable for any loss and/or damage arising from fire, flood or theft. The landlord is further advised to contact his insurance company should the property be empty for longer than thirty (30) days. Lets Rent cannot be held responsible for the security of the property either when it is let or when it is empty.
6. TENANCY AGREEMENTS
For all levels of service offered we can provide a standard form of Tenancy Agreement for a letting term of 12 months or less, at a charge of £85 plus VAT (£102.00). If Landlords instruct their own solicitors to prepare an agreement they will be responsible for the solicitorís fees. If tenants wish to stay on in the property beyond their initial contract then we would have to liaise with Landlord and tenant to agree terms and/or any changes in the rent and then issue the necessary extension memorandum. The charge for this is £40 + VAT (£48.00).
7. ADDITIONAL SERVICES
We can offer yearly gas safety checks with or without boiler servicing and combined gas/electrical safety checks through our Corgi registered contractors (Please contact the office for these costs). We can also arrange for major refurbishment works to be processed through our office and for this we will charge an additional fee, to be agreed before any such work commences. Lets Rent cannot be held responsible for any default in contractorís works or accounts.